Who owns the other 22 of Oak Island?

Answered by Cody Janus

According to the Oak Island Society, a group of individuals that includes the Lagina brothers and some partners, they currently own the majority of Oak Island, specifically 78 percent. This ownership includes the famous Money Pit, which has long been a subject of intrigue and speculation. The remaining 22 percent of the island is owned by a small number of inhabitants, who reside there seasonally in cottages.

It is fascinating to think about the dynamic of ownership on Oak Island. While the Lagina brothers and their partners have invested significant time, effort, and resources into exploring the island’s mysteries, the few inhabitants who own the remaining portion of the island have a more personal connection to the land. They have chosen to make Oak Island their seasonal home, likely drawn to its natural beauty and tranquility.

The ownership arrangement between the Lagina brothers and their partners and the island’s inhabitants is an interesting one. It highlights the coexistence of two distinct groups with different relationships to the island. On one hand, we have the Lagina brothers and their partners, who are driven by a quest for treasure and historical significance. Their ownership stake allows them to continue their search for answers, investing in excavations and employing advanced technology to explore the island’s depths.

On the other hand, the inhabitants who own the remaining 22 percent of Oak Island likely have a more personal and intimate connection to the land. Their seasonal residency suggests a desire for solitude and a connection with nature. They may enjoy the simple pleasures of island life, such as fishing, boating, and connecting with the tight-knit community of other residents. Their ownership stake may not be driven by the allure of treasure, but rather a love for the island itself.

It is intriguing to consider the interactions and potential collaborations between these two groups. The Lagina brothers and their partners have undoubtedly brought attention and resources to Oak Island, which may benefit the inhabitants. Perhaps they have formed relationships and shared in the excitement and anticipation surrounding the ongoing exploration efforts. Conversely, the inhabitants may offer insights and local knowledge that could aid the Lagina brothers and their team in their quest.

As someone who has been captivated by the mysteries of Oak Island, I can’t help but wonder about the conversations and interactions that occur between these different groups. Do the Lagina brothers and their partners consult with the inhabitants, seeking their input and perspectives on the island’s history and potential treasures? Are the inhabitants involved in any way in the excavation and exploration efforts, lending their expertise or offering support?

Ultimately, the ownership of the remaining 22 percent of Oak Island by its seasonal inhabitants adds another layer of complexity to the already intriguing story of this enigmatic island. It highlights the coexistence of different motivations and connections to the land, creating a unique dynamic that may shape the future of Oak Island’s exploration and preservation.