When your iPhone XS Max displays the message “Connect to iTunes,” it typically indicates that there is an issue with the device that requires further action. To resolve this problem, you can follow the steps below:
1. Connect your iPhone XS Max to the computer: Use the USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer that you previously synced it with. This is important because it allows iTunes to recognize your device.
2. Open iTunes: Launch the iTunes application on your computer. If you don’t have iTunes installed, you can download and install it from the Apple website.
3. Wait for sync and backup: Once your iPhone is connected to the computer, iTunes should automatically sync with your device and create a backup. This step ensures that your data is saved before proceeding with the restore process. It may take a few minutes, so be patient.
4. Restore your iPhone: After the sync and backup process is complete, click on the button that says “Restore [Your Device].” This will initiate the restore process, which erases all the data and settings on your iPhone XS Max.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions: iTunes will guide you through the restore process. You may need to confirm your decision to restore the device, and you might be prompted to download and install the latest iOS software. Follow the on-screen instructions and agree to any terms and conditions.
6. Wait for the restore to complete: The restore process may take some time, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the size of the iOS software. Your iPhone XS Max will restart multiple times during this process. Make sure not to disconnect your device from the computer until the restore is fully completed.
7. Set up your iPhone: Once the restore process is finished, your iPhone XS Max will restart and display the “Hello” screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device. You can choose to restore from a backup or set up your iPhone as new.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue of your iPhone XS Max displaying the “Connect to iTunes” message. However, keep in mind that restoring your device erases all data, so it’s crucial to have a recent backup to restore your personal information and settings.