To change the Wi-Fi connection on your Honeywell RTH6500WF thermostat, you will need to go through a process of resetting the thermostat and connecting it to a new Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Start by removing the thermostat face plate from the wall plate. This can be done by gently pulling it away from the wall.
2. Once the face plate is removed, locate the Wi-Fi setup button on the thermostat. It is usually located on the right side of the screen, near the bottom. Press and hold this button for about five seconds until the Wi-Fi setup screen appears.
3. On the Wi-Fi setup screen, you will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Select the network you want to connect to by using the arrow buttons on the thermostat. Once you have selected the network, press the “Connect” button.
4. If the network you selected is password-protected, you will be prompted to enter the Wi-Fi password. Use the arrow buttons to select the letters and numbers on the screen and press the “Connect” button to enter them. Once you have entered the password, press the “Done” button.
5. After entering the password, the thermostat will attempt to connect to the new Wi-Fi network. It may take a few moments for the connection to be established. Once connected, the thermostat will display a confirmation message on the screen.
6. reattach the thermostat face plate to the wall plate by aligning the tabs on the top of the face plate with the slots on the wall plate. Gently press the face plate against the wall plate until it snaps into place.
By following these steps, you should be able to change the Wi-Fi connection on your Honeywell RTH6500WF thermostat. Keep in mind that the specific steps and options may vary slightly depending on the model and firmware version of your thermostat.
If you encounter any issues during the process, it may be helpful to consult the user manual for your thermostat or contact Honeywell customer support for further assistance.