Is Peridot poisonous?

Answered by Michael Wilson

Peridot, also known as Delosperma ‘Jewel Of Desert Peridot’, is a type of succulent plant that is valued for its vibrant green foliage and beautiful flowers. One of the concerns that many people have when it comes to plants is whether they are toxic or harmful if ingested, especially if they have pets or small children around. In the case of Peridot, there is good news – there are no toxic effects reported for this particular plant.

Toxicity can vary greatly among different plant species, and it’s always important to be cautious and do research before introducing any new plants into your home or garden. In the case of Peridot, you can rest assured that it is not known to be poisonous. This means that if your pets or children come into contact with the plant or accidentally ingest a small amount, there should be no cause for concern.

It is worth mentioning that even non-toxic plants can sometimes cause mild gastrointestinal upset if ingested in large quantities. This is why it is still important to discourage pets and children from chewing on plants and to seek veterinary or medical advice if you suspect they have consumed a large amount.

As an avid gardener and plant enthusiast myself, I have had the pleasure of growing Delosperma ‘Jewel Of Desert Peridot’ in my own garden. I have found it to be a delightful and low-maintenance plant that adds a pop of color to my landscape. Knowing that it is non-toxic gives me peace of mind, especially since I have pets that occasionally roam in the garden.

If you are considering adding Delosperma ‘Jewel Of Desert Peridot’ to your collection of plants, you can do so without worry about its toxicity. This non-toxic succulent is a safe and beautiful addition to any garden or indoor space. However, it is always a good idea to exercise caution and keep an eye on children and pets to prevent any potential issues.