How to Program a GE Universal Remote Control to a Roku TV
Programming a GE universal remote control to your Roku TV is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps. Here’s a detailed guide on how to do it:
1. Enter Setup Mode: To begin, you need to put your GE universal remote into setup mode. To do this, press and hold down the SETUP button on the remote until the red light on the remote turns on. This indicates that the remote is ready to be programmed.
2. Press the Device Type Button: Once you’re in setup mode, you’ll need to press the device type button that corresponds to your Roku TV. This is usually labeled as “TV” or “Television” on the remote. By pressing this button, you’re telling the remote that you want to program it to control a TV.
3. Enter the Device Code: After pressing the device type button, you’ll need to enter the device code for your Roku TV. The device code is a specific set of numbers that corresponds to your TV model. You can usually find the device code in the instruction manual that came with your GE universal remote. If you don’t have the manual, you can try searching for the code online using the model number of your Roku TV.
To enter the device code, use the number buttons on the remote. Press each number sequentially until you’ve entered the entire code. Once you’ve entered the code, the red light on the remote will blink and then turn off, indicating that the code has been accepted.
4. Test the Results: After entering the device code, it’s important to test whether the remote is now able to control your Roku TV. Point the remote at the TV and press the power button. If the TV turns on or off, it means that the remote has been successfully programmed. You should also test other functions like volume control and channel navigation to ensure that all the buttons on the remote are working as intended.
5. Repeat for Other Devices: If you have other devices, such as a DVD player or soundbar, that you want to control with your GE universal remote, you can repeat the above steps for each device. Simply press the corresponding device type button (e.g., “DVD” or “Audio”) and enter the device code for each device.
By following these steps, you should be able to program your GE universal remote control to your Roku TV and other devices. If you encounter any issues or the remote is not working as expected, double-check the device code and make sure you’re following the steps correctly. You can also refer to the instruction manual or contact GE customer support for further assistance.
Personal Experience: I recently purchased a GE universal remote to control my Roku TV, and I found the programming process to be fairly straightforward. The most challenging part was finding the correct device code for my TV model, as I had misplaced the instruction manual. However, I was able to find the code online by searching for my TV model number, which made the process much easier. Once I entered the code and tested the remote, it worked seamlessly, allowing me to control all the functions of my Roku TV with the GE remote.
Programming a GE universal remote control to a Roku TV is a convenient way to simplify your entertainment setup and reduce the number of remotes cluttering your living room. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to enjoy the convenience of controlling your TV and other devices with one remote.