To make iced coffee while pregnant, you can follow this simple recipe. It’s important to note that caffeine intake during pregnancy should be limited, so adjust the amount of coffee or use decaf options if necessary.
– 1 cup of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
– 2 cups of Ice
– 1-2 shots of coffee or 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee (or Decaf or try caffeine-free Crio Brui)
– 1/2 cup of filtered water
1. Start by brewing your coffee. If using a coffee machine, adjust the settings to make a smaller and stronger cup of coffee. Alternatively, you can dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee in hot water.
2. Allow the coffee to cool down for a bit. If you’re in a rush, you can place it in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
3. In a blender, combine the almond milk, ice, cooled coffee, and filtered water.
4. Blend on high speed until all the ingredients are well combined and the ice is crushed.
5. Taste the mixture and adjust the coffee or sweetness level to your liking. If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor, add an extra shot or teaspoon of coffee. If you prefer it sweeter, you can add a touch of sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
6. Blend again to incorporate any additional ingredients.
7. Pour the iced coffee into a glass or a travel cup.
8. You can garnish your iced coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder if desired.
9. Serve and enjoy your homemade iced coffee!
Remember, moderation is key when it comes to caffeine consumption during pregnancy. It is generally recommended to limit caffeine intake to 200 mg per day. This recipe allows you to customize the amount of coffee used, so you can adjust it according to your caffeine limits or switch to decaf options if needed.
Please consult with your healthcare provider for personalized advice on caffeine intake during pregnancy.