To make edible playdough with cornstarch, you will need the following ingredients:
– 3 cups of sand
– 1 1/2 cups of cornstarch
– 3 teaspoons of alum
– 2 1/4 cups of hot water
– Food coloring (optional)
Here are the steps to make edible playdough with cornstarch:
1. Start by mixing the sand, cornstarch, and alum in a saucepan. Make sure to mix them well so that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Next, add the hot water to the mixture. If you want to add some color to your playdough, you can also add a few drops of food coloring at this point. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
3. Once everything is mixed, place the saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Cook the mixture, stirring continuously, until it thickens. This should only take a few minutes.
4. Once the mixture has thickened, remove it from the heat. Be careful as it may be hot.
5. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before handling it. Once it is cool enough to touch, transfer it to a clean surface and knead it until it becomes smooth. This will take a few minutes of kneading.
6. If the playdough feels too dry, you can add a little bit of water and continue kneading until it reaches the desired consistency. If it feels too sticky, you can add a bit more cornstarch and continue kneading.
7. Once the playdough is smooth and pliable, it is ready to be used! You can shape it, mold it, and have fun with it just like regular playdough.
Please note that although this playdough is made with edible ingredients, it may not taste very good due to the presence of alum. It is still not recommended to eat large amounts of it.
I hope you enjoy making and playing with this homemade edible playdough!