To export a song from GarageBand on your Mac, you can follow these steps:
1. Open GarageBand on your Mac by clicking on the GarageBand icon in the Applications folder or by searching for it using Spotlight.
2. Once GarageBand is open, locate the song you want to export in your project library. If you can’t find it, you may need to open the specific project that contains the song.
3. After selecting the song, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click on “Share”. A dropdown menu will appear with various sharing options.
4. From the dropdown menu, select “Export Song to Disk”. This will open a new window where you can customize the export settings for your song.
5. In the “Save As” field, you will see the current name of the exported file. If you want to change the name, simply click on it and enter a new name for the file.
6. Next, you need to choose a location to save the exported file. Click on the “Where” pop-up menu and select the desired location on your Mac where you want to save the file. You can choose any folder or directory you prefer.
7. Now, you need to decide on the format for the exported file. GarageBand offers several options including AAC, MP3, AIFF, and WAVE. Click on the format you want to use, and it will be selected.
8. Once you have chosen the format, click on the “Export” button. GarageBand will start exporting your song to the selected location in the chosen format.
9. Depending on the length and complexity of your song, the exporting process may take a few moments. You can monitor the progress in the GarageBand window.
10. After the exporting process is complete, you can navigate to the location where you saved the exported file. You will find the file with the name you specified earlier and in the format you selected.
By following these steps, you can successfully export your songs from GarageBand on your Mac. It’s a convenient way to share your music with others or use it in other applications for further editing or distribution.