To recover older emails, follow these steps:
1. Open your email inbox and locate the trash folder. This is typically found on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the trash folder to access the emails that have been deleted. You may need to scroll through the list to find the specific emails you want to recover.
3. Once you have identified the emails you want to recover, select them by checking the box next to each email or using the select all option if available.
4. After selecting the desired emails, look for the option to move or recover the emails. This can usually be found at the top of the screen or within a menu. Click on this option.
5. A drop-down menu will appear, giving you the option to move the selected emails back to your inbox or another folder of your choice. Choose the appropriate option to move the emails back to your inbox.
6. The selected emails will now be restored and moved back to your inbox. You can now access them as you would with any other email.
If you are unable to find the trash folder or the option to recover emails, the process may vary depending on the email service provider you are using. In such cases, it is recommended to refer to the provider’s help or support documentation for specific instructions.
In the event that you have forgotten your email account password and need to recover access, follow these steps:
1. Go to the restore access or password recovery page of your email service provider. This is usually accessible through the login page or by searching for “account recovery” or “forgot password” on the provider’s website.
2. Enter the username or email address associated with the account you want to recover the password for. Follow any additional prompts or verification steps that may be required to proceed.
3. Depending on the options available, you may be asked to restore account access using a confirmed phone number or email address. Choose the method that is most convenient for you and follow the instructions provided.
4. If using a confirmed phone number, you may receive a verification code via text message or a phone call. Enter this code when prompted to verify your identity.
5. If using a confirmed email address, you may receive a recovery email with a link or instructions on how to reset your password. Access your email account through another device or use a secondary email address if necessary.
6. Once you have successfully verified your identity, you will be prompted to create a new password for your email account. Choose a strong and unique password to ensure the security of your account.
7. After setting a new password, you should now have restored access to your email account. Use the new password to log in and regain access to your emails.
Remember to keep your password secure and regularly update it to protect your email account from unauthorized access.
The process of recovering older emails and regaining access to your email account may vary slightly depending on the email service provider you are using. It is always recommended to refer to the provider’s official documentation or support channels for specific instructions tailored to your situation.