To sign out of an email account in Outlook for Mac on your MacBook Air, follow these steps:
1. Open Outlook for Mac by clicking on the Outlook icon in the Dock or by searching for it in Spotlight.
2. Once Outlook is open, select “Tools” from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose “Accounts.” This will open the Accounts dialog box.
4. In the Accounts dialog box, you will see a list of all the email accounts that you have set up in Outlook. Select the account that you want to sign out of by clicking on it.
5. Once you have selected the account, look for the “Sign out” option in the lower left corner of the Accounts dialog box.
6. Click on the “Sign out” button. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to sign out of the selected account.
7. Confirm your decision by clicking “Sign out” in the confirmation dialog box.
8. Outlook will now sign you out of the selected email account. You will no longer be able to send or receive emails from that account until you sign back in.
It’s worth noting that signing out of an email account in Outlook for Mac does not remove the account from the application. It simply disconnects you from the account until you sign back in. If you want to remove the account completely, you can do so by selecting the account in the Accounts dialog box and clicking on the “-” button at the bottom of the list.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.