To permanently enable desktop mode on your Safari browser, follow these steps:
1. Tap the Settings icon: Look for the Settings app on your device’s home screen and tap on it to open.
2. Find the Safari icon: Scroll down the Settings screen until you locate the Safari icon. It usually has a blue compass-like symbol.
3. Access Safari settings: Tap on the Safari icon to open the Safari settings menu.
4. Locate the Request Desktop Website feature: Within the Safari settings menu, scroll down until you find the section labeled “Settings for Websites.” Look for the option called “Request Desktop Website” and tap on it.
5. Turn on the toggle button: In the Request Desktop Website screen, you will see a toggle button next to the option “All Websites.” Enable this toggle button by tapping on it. This will ensure that Safari always loads websites in desktop mode.
By following these steps, you will have successfully enabled desktop mode permanently on your Safari browser. This means that whenever you visit a website, Safari will load it as if you were accessing it from a desktop computer, providing a more expansive and feature-rich browsing experience.
It’s worth noting that not all websites may support or display properly in desktop mode on Safari. Some websites may have dedicated mobile versions or responsive designs optimized for mobile devices. In such cases, you may still see the mobile version of the website even with desktop mode enabled.
Enabling desktop mode on Safari can be helpful when you want to access certain features or view websites as they appear on a desktop computer.