To add your Dartmouth email to your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Open the Mail app on your Mac. You can find it in the Applications folder or by searching for it using Spotlight.
2. In the Mail menu at the top of the screen, click on “Add Account…” This will open a pop-up window.
3. In the pop-up window, you will be prompted to select your account provider. Choose “Exchange” from the list. Exchange is the email server used by Dartmouth.
4. In the Name field, enter your name as you would like it to be displayed when you send emails.
5. In the Email Address field, enter your full Dartmouth email address. This is the email address provided to you by Dartmouth, typically in the format [email protected].
6. Enter your Dartmouth password in the Password field. This is the password you use to log in to your Dartmouth email account.
7. Click on the “Sign In” button. The Mail app will attempt to connect to the Dartmouth email server and verify your account information.
8. If prompted, you may need to enter additional information such as the server address or domain. In most cases, the Mail app will automatically detect these settings based on your email address.
9. Once your account is successfully added, you will see your Dartmouth email account listed in the sidebar of the Mail app. You can now send and receive emails using your Dartmouth account.
10. By default, the Mail app will sync your Dartmouth email, calendar, and contacts. This means that any changes you make on your Mac will be reflected on other devices that are connected to your Dartmouth account.
Adding your Dartmouth email to your Mac allows you to conveniently access and manage your emails right from your computer. It also ensures that your emails, calendar, and contacts are synced across your devices, keeping you organized and up to date.