It is possible to connect Roku to a Bluetooth speaker. However, it’s important to note that not all Roku devices have built-in Bluetooth capabilities. The Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, and Roku Ultra models all have Bluetooth functionality, while other models like the Roku Express and Roku Premiere do not.
To connect your Roku device to a Bluetooth speaker, you can follow these steps:
1. Check if your Roku device has Bluetooth: As mentioned earlier, make sure you have a Roku model that supports Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Prepare your Bluetooth speaker: Ensure that your Bluetooth speaker is turned on and in pairing mode. Refer to the speaker’s manual for specific instructions on how to enable pairing mode.
3. Download the Roku app: Install the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. The Roku app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
4. Connect your smartphone to the Bluetooth speaker: Open your device’s Bluetooth settings and pair it with the Bluetooth speaker. This step may vary depending on your device and operating system.
5. Launch the Roku app: Open the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. Make sure your Roku device and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
6. Connect your Roku device to the app: Follow the on-screen instructions in the Roku app to connect your Roku device to the app. This will allow your smartphone to act as a remote control for your Roku device.
7. Enable private listening: Once your Roku device is connected to the app, tap on the remote icon at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the remote control interface.
8. Activate private listening: Look for the headphones icon on the remote control interface and tap on it. This will activate private listening mode.
9. Select your Bluetooth speaker: In the private listening mode, you should see a list of available audio devices. Look for your Bluetooth speaker in the list and select it.
10. Enjoy your audio: Once you have selected your Bluetooth speaker, the audio from your Roku device will be routed to the speaker, allowing you to enjoy your content with better sound quality.
It’s worth mentioning that using the Roku app as a Bluetooth connector may introduce a slight delay in audio playback. This delay is generally negligible for most users, but it’s something to keep in mind.
Additionally, if your Roku device does not have built-in Bluetooth capabilities, you may still be able to connect it to a Bluetooth speaker using an external Bluetooth adapter. These adapters can be plugged into the audio output of your Roku device, allowing you to wirelessly connect it to a Bluetooth speaker.
While not all Roku devices have built-in Bluetooth capabilities, it is still possible to connect them to a Bluetooth speaker using the Roku app as a Bluetooth connector.